Did You Know?
You don't have to be a member to take advantage of the many classes and services we have to offer. Our classes take place in a separate, sound-reducing gymnasium with its own entrance, so you don't need a door code to enter. The door is opened approximately 15 minutes prior to class start time. Just walk right in and join the fun! Pay as you go or ask your instructor about 10-day pre-paid punch cards.
Membership renewal notices are sent approximately one month prior to your membership expiration date. Be sure to pay on time for uninteruppted access to the facilities!
- How does this work?
- Once you become a member you recive a unique door code that you can use to enter the facility 24/7 through the door on the right. Your code will remain yours to use for as long as your membership remains current.
- What if my key code isn't working?
- Call 815-624-7663 for a temporary code. We will investigate why your code isn't working and resolve the issue.
- Can I take a class if I'm not a member?
- Yes. The door on the left provides access to our class space and it is open at least 15 minutes prior to the class beginning. Come on in! You pay your instructor the class fee at the time of the class. Ask your instructor about pre-paid punch cards if you wish to buy your classes in bulk.
- How many people are in each class? Is there a limit?
- It varies with class times. Evenings tend to be more full than early morning classes. The gym is large and can accomodate very large groups. Zumba can host as many as 60 students.
- Do you ever cancel classes?
- Occasionaly we have to cancel due to poor weather or instructor emergencies. Cancellations will be posted to our facebook page and on this web site. If you are concerned, you can always call to double check.
- Can I bring my children?
- We do not offer supervised child care at The Fitness Zone. There is a room that your child can play in while you are in class, but it is up to you to provide supervision if it is required.
- What are your office hours?
- Office hours are unscheduled. Please call for an appointment.
- Can I hire a personal trainer?
- Yes. Kevin Burns, Fitness Zone owner, offers Personal Training services. Kevin is a former competitive powerlifter and bodybuilder with experience training all levels and ages. Personal training includes unlimited use of the cardio exercise equipment before or after your training session. Check our Rates + Fees page for your training optioins.
- Do you offer nutrition and weight loss advice?
- Yes. Brenda Burns, Fitness Zone owner, is a distributor of AdvoCare products and hosts 24 Day Challenges throughout the year. For more information, please visit the Weight Loss page or contact Brenda at 815-624-7663. We also offer Fitness Evaluations to help you carve out a path to success using measurable body data. Call us to set up an appointment.
- Do you have special rates for families?
- Yes. After a couples membership, each dependent is an additonal $100 per year to add on. You may also add dependents on for $50 for 6 months, or $25 for 3 months.